Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just because you Move, Doesn't Mean the Scenery Changes.




I don't know if you know this, but Utah is a bit different than Washington. The driver's for instance think they are Miley Cyrus and have the best of both lanes. I submit that that is not true. I own that other lane and I charge rent thanks.




As radically different those two states are, the singles wards are basically the same. I'm not talking they have the same gospel principles or that they do things the same everywhere you go, I'm talking they all have their share of crazies. Maybe I'm just the common denominator and crazies will follow me wherever I go, or I just notice it more often than most. I'm sure that most of you have sat around a campfire or been joined with me in the bonds of a holy cuddlefest and shared the glorious stories of our testimony meeting experiences. But I have a doozy to share with you-my audience.



Once upon a time, a girl got up to bear her testimony. She proceeds to say that what if the church isn't true? What if all we are taught is a lie? (about this time I am thinking that she is going to be burning in hell come tomorrow) then she's flip flops by saying that it doesn't matter if it's true or not because of the feelings that it gives you. (this time I'm thinking...uh yes, that means it's true because that'd be the Holy Ghost telling you it's true you nutbag) Then she goes on to say that it's true what they say in that Country song "There's gotta be somethin More" by Sugarland, then she proceeds to sing it. Yep. She did it. She soloed during a testimony meeting. Soloed a Country ditty no less!!!!!!!! I immediately put my head down and started to giggle. Meredith looked around and NOBODY else was laughing or even cracked a smile. So either we are extremely inappropriate and rude, or this is a regular occurance. I would really like the latter to be the truth, but who knows. At least she had a decent voice or it would have been even more painful to bear!! The sad thing was, we had no idea or even suspected that she was nuts! I guess it's true: Don't judge a book by it's cover because it might try to eat you like that one carnivorous book from the Pagemaster-the lesser known Macaulay Culkin movie.

7 Words to Your Mother:

Carolyn said...

Holy cow. She sang during testimony meeting? I swear to you....that is nuts. I loved how you told us what you were thinking...you have funny thoughts! AND, I can't believe nobody else even cracked a smile!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Wow! I can't believe no one else was laughing. Man if I would have been there. It's nice to know there are crazies everywhere. Nette

Jill said...

You definitely wouldn't have been alone in the laughter department if i were there! Holy cow....i don't know if mine would have been a slight giggle either...i'm just lucky i happen to be a silent laugher! :) Oh how i love to read your blog! it brings me such great joy! thanks! miss you! -Jill

Jill said...

oh i forgot to tell you...i got a blog...i need your email so that i can invite you! :)

Kings said...

gwennie, i would have been giggling right beside you!

Emily Katlyn West said...

Gwenny my dear, I don't think my faceinhole pics where as cool as yours, but I tried and i'm glad you liked! Will you email or text me your mailing address so I can send you a package of love! my email address in case you don't know is missem_27@hotmail.com

Rhen said...

k you need to come home and meet the new crazy of singles ward ... she will beat this girl out of the crazy lane..you guys got out of here right on time....lucky!