Sunday, May 23, 2010

"How do I look?" "Like a Beautiful Blonde Pineapple!!"

I've realized that most people think that I have literally fallen off the face of the earth. It is not so, and I'm sure you are relieved-me too for that matter. While going blog-silent for the last couple months, I have embarked on a new adventure. One that will undoubtedly bring many laughs for future blog posts. My new adventure is beauty school. So I am here in Rexburg, and about 2 months in, and so far it's not too shabby! I have thus far been desensitized to feet-thanks to pedicures, because flats are for quitters I am definitely one, since I more or less am required to see myself in the mirror for 8 hours every day, I avoid mirrors outside of school at all costs, and am developing calluses from teasing Miss Kim's hair every day! Here's the lowdown. I go to school with 50 girls every day, one the token gay. Who hates me to my back, loves me to my face, and like an attention starved child gets ignored to keep him in line. Apparently he doesn't like other people to know more about pop culture, fashion, and music than he. Everything I know about pop culture and music I owe to my wise pop culture friends in Moses Lake!!! Thanks for culturing me for this very moment in my life. Sorry Mr. Queen, but there is only room for one diva at school, and there are 49 other girls fighting for the coveted title. So watch out, or you're about to get your fancy striped suspenders snapped right into last place!

At first I was really intimidated by beauty school, but then I thought, ok I've seen Tabatha's Salon Takeover, and if these morons can get through beauty school and someone signed their professional license, then hell if I can't do it too! And after a few weeks of school, I kind of have a knack for it.

A very smart cousin (Sonja), after I mentioned that I was going to hair school and was growing my hair out, told me once that when I start hair school, to just wait and watch my hair get shorter, and shorter, and shorter. Oh how naive I was!!!


The Metamorphosis

The Beginning

Week #1 of school, I made a blueprint of what I would like to do to my hair-with the hopes that it won't melt off of course. Week #2 Perm. Yea. I said it. Perm. That happened.



Week #3 Highlights because my teacher was annoyed with the grow out of my previous ones. And Sonja, just so you know, he was very impressed with your work. Well done!

Week #5 Snippy Snip Snip. Cut it all off.






To Be Continued...

The Rest of these pictures are just some fun stuff we've done in class and us playing around.


This was after I brushed my hair out to do scalp treatments on eachother, they said I looked like a troll doll!



This was manicure day!

And this is an updo that I did on Miss Kimmie, which turned out quite well!










Enjoy!

5 Words to Your Mother:

mallosaurus said...

the HOTTEST troll doll in the world!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gwenny! Love the cut so cute! Miss you. -Nette

Jill said...

I totally LOVE your short hair!! SUPER CUTE!! that's awesome you are goin to beauty school!! you are certainly a beautiful blonde pineapple and i just hope you don't become a beauty school drop out with pink hair that looks like an easter egg :) love grease!! glad to see you are still a live and well! love ya miss ya

Carolyn said...

Love your short hair! You are a hottie!

Deidra said...

I LOVE YOUR SHORT HAIR CUT! Cute! Good work, missy.