Friday, April 18, 2008

The Life You Wish You Had

Yesterday during "work", I was looking for something to watch on the TV, and I don't know if you know this but DirecTV has this channel called The 101. It's pretty awesome about 15% of the time- but thats only when this fabulous show called Rock and a Hard Place is on. It's basically Family Fued/any other game show between two Rock and Roll bands which is hosted by Meat Loaf-crazy right?!? AND all the winnings go to charity, yet another reason for it to be AWESOME! Sadly, only two episodes were on, and I was multitasking and doing other things which didn't involve any time to get up and change the channel. Come to find out, that sweet channel also shows soap operas in the afternoon.
Now I am not really one to get into soap operas by any means, but I'm pretty sure that ALL of us caught bits and pieces of them in our wee-years. My moms soap of choice was The Young and the Restless-sidenote I mean really how many times can Victor come back to life?!? I'm quite positive that he died when I was a tot, but he's STILL alive somehow! Anyway, this 101 channel shows one soap opera in particular pretty much all day, and it would be Passions. Talk about DRAMA! This show has everything! Love, Hate, Deceit, men subconsciously getting their girlfriends sisters' eggo preggo-AND BEING OK WITH IT!!, men getting their-for lack of better word without being vulgar- "happy place" cut off, and the Dr. being wasted and sewing it back on backwards and upside down which the sheer mechanics of something like that baffle me, Witches, two sisters named Pretty and Fancy, one crazy chick who is in love with Gwen's hubby Ethan-and yes her name really is Gwen and she is retarded-but not as retarded as her honeys stalker Theresa-who supposedly died, yet is still very much alive and stalking and has an illegitimate child by Ethan named Little Ethan. You would think a soap opera could afford to be a little less original, apparently soap operas also suffered from the writers strike. Also it has other names like Julian, Charity, Vincent, and Sheridan, not to mention the evil midget who is actually a doll. And did I mention that all of this happened in like 2 episodes? Man...and I think I caught an episode of this a few years back and this one guy was having a baby with his girlfriend which turned out to be his sister who's little sister was crazy in love with him. This show just keeps getting better and better!!! But I do beleive Jesse Metcalf got his start with this show-the hottie from John Tucker Must Die, and Desperate Housewives.
Watching this show and all the crazy that comes with it, made me reflect on my life and how I haven't even come CLOSE to doing all the things they get done in two episodes! Not that I would want to do any of those things. So after that giant intro to the actual subject at hand that was intended, I will share some fun-future-facts about my life in the next oh....5 years.

1.) I want to beat someone at something that I am actually good at. Sure, I played sports in high school, but I've never felt like I deserved to rub it in their faces that I won purely because of my awesome talent. And on top of that I want to have the game winning shot.

2.) This will probably never happen because I'm a weenie and would never do it by myself, but I want to live on the East coast. Change of pace, something new, all of the above. I'm not so sure I could ever pull off the Boho look, or even the Posh business woman look.

3.) Everyone always says they want to see the world. Not I. Parts of this world aren't awesome and I will house sit for you when you visit there, bring back a disease or a worm of some sort would ya? But somewhere exotic and unique? Maybe a safari in Afriva? I AM SO THERE!

4.) I want to be well enough off that I can buy something expensive with my Debit card-and not have it go on credit. It's not so much that I don't do well with my finances or anything, I just don't care! Some would class me as an inpulse buyer, I class myself as well dressed and fashinable...mostly.

5.) Like any girl, I want a huge closet. Not so much for my clothes, those can go in a dresser for all I care, but a huge closet for my shoes. mmmmm, shoes glorious shoes. Most women own 19-30 pairs of shoes, I don't think I've surpassed the 30 mark yet, but hey room for improvement right? And also a fun fact to know is that 51% of women have been seriously or moderately injured by shoes i.e. sprains and breaks. And adding to the aforementioned #4 I want to be rich enough to buy expensive cute shoes. Keep your Manolos, and your Jimmy's, I will hord all of the cute Michael Kors I can get my hands on! ugh and don't even get me started on athletic shoes!!Eat your heart out Imedla Marcos. (google her if you don't know who she is)


6.) Get a Masters Degree. This subject throws off the list of relatively material things, but hey I've got ambition, you might not have known.


Cheers Big Ears!

3 Words to Your Mother:

Kings said...

i like the name of your blog. way funny! you are being added to my favorite blog list = )

Mikaela said...

You are such a dork! I'm glad you're blogging now so I can make fun of you more frequently. You were invited to my blog, right? I hope so...get your butt blogging more often, and keep the pictures coming. I need to see if your impulse buying really has resulted in fashionable and cute clothes! hehe!

Carolyn said...

Oh Gwennie, that is an amazing list for your life in the next 5 years. I'm impressed. Could you by any chance give me some of the money you are hoping to get? :D