Saturday, September 20, 2008

No one "feels" the news at you like Stephen Colbert.






You know how when you don't know a word, you find out the definition, and you hear someone use it and automatically think, "wow, I actually know what that means!" Or when you hear about something new, and within a couple of days, you hear about it again? It's called a coincidence, my friends. I recently got into a bit of a tiff with a friend about Barry Manilow. Contrary to what my friend thinks, one song on your iPod does NOT make you a superfan. It makes you a connosiuer.



My friend detests the very thought of Barry Manilow, and I am indifferent. All I care about is the sweet sweet music. Not neccessarily from the Manilow that is. (For future reference the song I have is "Can't Smile Without You", think what you may about me now, but that song is tender.)






I digress. I was watching my news show of choice-The Colbert Report-and Stephen Colbert is up for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program-super yay! I don't know why he shouldn't win. I mean this man has done things!
He ran for President, got kicked out of the race for Commander in Chief, fought a giant styrofoam cup, he is immortal and is going to save humanity in the case of anything happens to his bucket of Truth Guts and Bud Light Lime, or a mass catastrophe, by sending his DNA laced with hot man sweat into space, and even has a super-spider named after him all while feeling the news at you in 30 minutesor less!! Needless to say that Stephen Colbert was excited about being nominated again since last time he lost. Here's the kicker-he lost to BARRY MANILOW!!!!!! Barry can't add any of those things to his resume!! One conversation about Barry Manilow and even The Colbert Nation is talking about him!!! MANILOW!!!! Emmy Please!!
















P.S. My friend and I have come to a peace treaty in the form of 3 Reese's Shakes. My treat of course.


I found a list of Truths about Stephen Colbert. Chuck Norris eat your heart out!

http://www.stephencolberttruths.com/

1 Words to Your Mother:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with Barry Manilow and I'm glad you stuck to your guns Gwenny! I hope Colbert wins too...we need him to educate America! Nette