Friday, May 30, 2008

This is one Apple who fell VERY far from the family stump

This last Monday was Memorial day. Woot woot for all you Veterans out there, as for me I don't always look forward to this day. Right on, we are out of work and school temporarily. But in the Stoker household, we do things right. We have family reunions. Just some highlights from the extravaganza, my extended family might think I'm pregnant-my plate was heaping full...and I may or may not have gone back for seconds...don't judge. Also, a cousin-may have been the wife of a 2nd cousin-asked me what my last name was. I understand that I possibly could have been a Stoker at one point in time and have since snagged myself a honey and changed my last name, but the odds are that if you are at a STOKER family reunion, your last name was once or is still Stoker. So it doesn't really matter what your last name is. You're there. And you're related to everyone.

Tuesday. Went to a Seattle Mariners game. I just may be a closet Boston fan. I love that Manny Ramirez! It was a pretty exciting game, the starting short stop AND the coach for Boston both got ejected. Ellery made a new friend who I think flew there with his kid from Boston for the game. Thanks to Clinton, I now know what a "rally cap" is, and what it means to the supersticious super-fans. Whoever decided that it would be a brilliant idea to smother and soak everything in garlic and sell it to ravenous patrons in a highly dense crowd at a ballpark, should be drowned in liquified garlic. Remind me also next time to take my own bottle of water. Unless I just found my way back from being stranded in a desert or we are going through a serious drought, I refuse to pay $4.25-$4.75 for a 16.9 oz. bottle of Aquafina. I don't really give a rats scaly rear part how "fina" their "Aqua" is, I'm still not shelling out the lettuce. Next stop, save the fishes with all the water I'm not consuming.

Also at the game, there was a Boston superfan I would say, who kept yelling for Ichiro! I would understand if we were up close to the infield, perhaps maybe right behind the batter's box, but we were in right field, considering Ichiro is a center fielder and most likely doesn't care about you, he can't hear a word you are saying friend so stop trying. And there was a kind drunk behind us, who bought another beer for a totally plastered stranger because the ballpark wouldn't sell him anymore booze. Really? I know alcohol alters your state of mind and inhibits judgement and what not, but I had no idea it made you an idiot!!! He even came back and talked to his lady friend-who thinks mormons give everyone cancer, and thinks that someone shat (pooped) on her friend because apparently he smelled like fecal matter-about the somewhat of a good deed he had just done. Well done my friend, you just sent a flaming drunk on his merry way cup-o-frosty-cold-delight in one hand and car keys-with my luck-to a semi-truck that is soon to run me off the road. Many thanks pal, I applaud your good deed and open my wallet for the extra taxes I'm soon going to have to pay to fix the road barrier your hammered friend ruined. What a tool.

Cheers Big Ears!!

2 Words to Your Mother:

Emily Katlyn West said...

yes I believe it is a proven fact that alcohol makes you an idiot. . . I read it someplace! I laughed pretty hard when I read this post. . .good work friend!

Mikaela said...

that was so funny about the reunion. who asked you what your last name was? So hilarious! Hope it wasn't one of MY siblings....